McMahon DeGulis attorneys represent corporate plaintiffs and defendants in contaminated property litigation matters in jurisdictions across the country. McMahon DeGulis attorneys have experience in all facets of contaminated property litigation, including CERCLA, RCRA, Ohio VAP cost recovery and common law causes of action.
We have also represented PRPs in several Ohio Superfund sites, including Fields Brook, Laskin Oil, Huth Oil, Ohio Drum, Chemical Recovery Systems and the Tremont City Landfill. We possess significant trial experience in state and federal courts in CERCLA, RCRA, trespass, nuisance and negligence cases for petroleum marketers, partnerships and individuals.
- Represent railroad in recent CERCLA pre-emption decision; ARCG II v. Conrail, Inc., 549 F. Supp. 2d 981 (N.D. Ohio 2008)
- Served as lead counsel for expert discovery in a Superfund cost recovery case involving waste oil recycling
- Representing generators in multi-party sites in Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, Georgia, Alabama, New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Indiana and California
- Defending an environmental consultant against negligence and breach of contract claims
- Prosecuting and defending private cost recovery actions for two national railroads involved in Ohio sites
- Defending corporations against administrative actions brought by the US EPA and the Ohio EPA
- Represent PRP in largest NRD matter in State of Ohio
For more information on Environmental Litigation, please contact Greg DeGulis.
Back to Practice Areas