Heather’s practice focuses on asbestos defense and environmental law. Prior to joining MD, Heather served as an intern with the Cleveland Division of Air Quality at the Cleveland Department of Public Health, where she gained valuable experience researching and analyzing the City of Cleveland Air Pollution Control Code, as well as state and federal air regulations.
- Statutory & Regulatory Practice
- Contaminated Property & Brownfields Redevelopment
- Environmental Enforcement
- Solid Waste
Heather is admitted to practice in the State of Ohio.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE & FOCUS
Heather’s experience researching and analyzing an array of environmental topics has provided her a strong foundation for her legal practice. In addition to managing complex asbestos litigation matters, Heather has analyzed and assessed medical records for that litigation.
She provides legal research and analysis to clients, including research of significant questions with regard to:
- Clean Air Act
- National Environmental Policy Act
- Wind Energy
- Policyholder Insurance Coverage for Environmental Claims
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association, Environmental Law and Health Care Law sections
Heather received a BS in Psychology and a BA in English, cum laude, from John Carroll University in August 2008 and her JD and a Certificate of Health Law from Cleveland Marshall College of Law and Certificate of Health Law in 2012.