Jim’s practice focuses on the defense of individuals and corporate entities involved in civil litigation. He has more than 20 years of litigation experience and has significant experience in complex discovery, settlement negotiations, ADR and motion practice in both State and Federal Courts.
Jim is admitted to practice in the State of Ohio, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the U. S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE & FOCUS
- Significant toxic tort defense experience, particularly in asbestos litigation
- Premises, Intentional Tort and Personal Injury Litigation
- Product Liability Litigation for a wide array of products including grinding machines, power and punch presses, portable ramps, food preparation appliances, bottled products, escalators and elevators
- Toxic substances including benzene and molds
- Arbitrated and tried numerous property and casualty litigation claims against hotels, retail establishments and various consumer service providers
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
ACHIEVEMENTS & HONORS
- Recipient of the Spangenberg Trial Practice Prize, the American Jurisprudence Award for Trial Advocacy and the Order of Barristers National Honor Society for Advocacy
- Moot Court Board of Governors, 1990, Cleveland Marshall College of Law
- Semi-Finalist at the National Moot Court Competition in Biomedical Ethics, Georgetown University, 1990
Jim received his BS in Sociology and Criminology from Suffolk University and his JD from the Cleveland Marshall College of Law.