Jim’s practice focuses on civil litigation. He has more than 15 years of litigation experience and has a depth of experience in motion practice.
- Asbestos, Silica and Petrochemical Defense
- Environmental Litigation
- Product Liability/Commercial Litigation
Jim is admitted to practice in the State of Ohio, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the U. S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE & FOCUS
- Significant toxic tort defense experience, particularly in asbestos litigation
- Premises, Intentional Tort and Personal Injury Litigation
- Product Liability Litigation for a wide array of products including grinding machines, power and punch presses, portable ramps, food preparation appliances, bottled products, escalators and elevators
- Toxic substances including benzene and molds
- Arbitrated and tried numerous general litigation claims
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
ACHIEVEMENTS & HONORS
- Recipient of the Spangenberg Trial Practice Prize, the American Jurisprudence Award for Trial Advocacy and the Order of Barristers National Honor Society for Advocacy
- Moot Court Board of Governors, 1990, Cleveland Marshall College of Law
- Semi-Finalist at the National Moot Court Competition in Biomedical Ethics, Georgetown University, 1990
Jim received his BS in Sociology and Criminology from Suffolk University and his JD from the Cleveland Marshall College of Law.