Keely focuses her practice on environmental compliance counseling, remediation, environmental cost recovery and toxic tort litigation.
- Statutory and Regulatory Practice
- Contaminated Property and Brownfields Redevelopment
- Environmental Enforcement
- Integrated Planning
Keely is admitted to practice in the State of Ohio, the United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE & FOCUS
Keely has an active practice in both environmental litigation and client counseling. She has broad experience in motion practice, fact investigation, depositions and expert preparation for environmental litigation, and assists clients with trial strategy and mediation.
Additional experience includes:
- Representing a port authority in litigation regarding dredged material disposal.
- Counseling client on implementation of a global environmental management system (EMS).
- Prosecution and defense of CERCLA contribution actions.
- Defense of federal, state and local enforcement actions.
- Brownfields redevelopment.
- Counseling on beneficial reuse of dredged material.
- Representing a client in a complex corporate and environmental litigation matter in federal court in Tennessee involving alleged regional groundwater contamination.
- Representing a municipality in a multi-million dollar dispute regarding a Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrade.
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Environmental Law Section, Chair, September 2016-September 2017
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Great Lakes Symposium Chair, June 2016
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Nominating Committee, 2015, 2017
- MedWish International, Benefit Committee
- Shaker LaunchHouse Benefit, Chair, 2015
- City Year Cleveland Benefit, Chair, 2014, 2015
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- “Innovative Local Development Leverages EPA’s New Integrated Planning Framework,” with Louis L. McMahon, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal, October 2015.
- “Hydraulic Fracturing: Environmental Concerns and Remedies—Avoiding Risk,” NBI Seminar, February 19, 2015.
ACHIEVEMENTS & HONORS
- Recognized in “The Best Lawyers in America” for Litigation – Environmental in 2018
Keely received her BS in Environmental Geoscience from Boston College. She received her JD and a Master of Studies in Environmental Law, cum laude, from Vermont Law School.