Keely focuses her practice on environmental compliance counseling, remediation, environmental cost recovery and toxic tort litigation.
- Statutory and Regulatory Practice
- Contaminated Property and Brownfields Redevelopment
- Environmental Enforcement
- Insurance Recovery
- Integrated Planning
Keely is admitted to practice in the State of Ohio, the United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE & FOCUS
Keely has an active practice in both environmental litigation and counseling. She has broad experience in motion practice, fact investigation, depositions and expert preparation having to do with environmental litigation and has clients on trial strategy and mediation.
Keely represented a client in a in a complex corporate and environmental litigation in federal court in Tennessee involving alleged regional groundwater contamination. She also represents a municipality in a multi-million dollar dispute regarding a Wastewater Treatment Plant upgrade. Additional experience includes:
- Prosecution and defense of CERCLA contribution actions
- Defense of federal, state and local enforcement actions
- Brownfields redevelopment
- Counsel on beneficial reuse of dredge material
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Environmental Law Section
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Three R’s Volunteer Tutor 2009-Present
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Nominating Committee
- Family Connections, Board Member
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- “Innovative Local Development Leverages EPA’s New Integrated Planning Framework,” with Louis L. McMahon, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal, October 2015.
Keely received her BS in Environmental Geoscience from Boston College. She received her JD and a Master of Studies in Environmental Law, cum laude, from Vermont Law School.