Advanced and Renewable Energy
A natural extension of the McMahon DeGulis practice is our Advanced and Renewable Energy work. Successful development of alternative energy projects requires a detailed knowledge of key environmental issues and the intricacies and developments in environmental law. Our attorneys are on the cutting edge of the regulation of growing industries that provide alternative sources of energy. The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 provides an ever-evolving regulatory framework for the implementation of all aspects of advanced and renewable energy.
McMahon DeGulis attorneys are able to draw on the depth and breadth of their experience in environmental permitting, local zoning issues, transactional matters and enforcement.
- Serve as counsel for the permitting and regulatory matters relating to a pilot research project harnessing wind power on both Lake Erie and the Great Lakes. This effort to install utility scale wind turbines in Lake Erie is a first in the world project for a fresh water body.
- Development of an innovative wind power zoning ordinance
- Provide counseling on permitting for Great Lakes Science Center Wind Turbine
- Advise a major lubricant manufacturer of the changes in law and trends of their future business, specifically analyzing the trends of carbon markets and other issues in the climate change and advanced energy arena
- Negotiate leases for wind and solar farm project land owners
For more information on Advanced and Renewable Energy, please contact Dave Nash or Lou McMahon
Back to Practice Areas