Since 1994, McMahon DeGulis has counseled clients on sophisticated environmental, energy, toxic tort and construction litigation matters. The firm represents several Fortune 500 companies, governmental entities and real estate developers in all facets of environmental, energy and toxic tort matters. Several firm members have over 25 years of experience and our firm and many of our attorneys consistently receive national recognition.
Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2022 Edition) once again recognized McMahon DeGulis as a Band One firm in Natural Resources and Environmental law in Ohio. Gregory DeGulis, Wendlene Lavey, Louis McMahon, and David Nash were recognized for their individual representation of clients. Michael McMahon, now retired from the practice of law, was also recognized for his past work. The following quotes from Chambers USA highlight some of the successes of our firm:
- Chambers USA “sources say: “The team is very efficient and able to turn work around quickly. Their vast knowledge of environmental cases brings a comfort level that you are receiving the best information.” (2021 Edition)
- “A client says: ‘It is well known as a top-tier firm for environmental matters. The team is also very well respected at all levels of the state and federal EPA.’” (2020 Edition)
- Chambers USA distinguishes MD as a “highly regarded boutique with expertise covering the full range of environmental law” and notes that “peers say: ‘They’ve got a good reputation and clients like working with them.” (2019 Edition)
- McMahon DeGulis is a “highly regarded boutique with expertise covering the full range of environmental law. Possesses particular strength in wastewater and brownfield matters, as well as integrated planning work related to the CWA.” (2017 Edition)
- “One appreciative source highlights the firm’s strengths as ‘deep experience in the field, familiarity with the law, and familiarity with the interested parties and governmental agencies.’” (2016 Edition)
We work seamlessly with members of our clients’ existing team, including EH&S professionals, in-house counsel, and corporate and government leaders.
Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals, many of whom come from large-firm backgrounds. As a self-directed, entrepreneurial firm, we reward outstanding work and position our attorneys for success. We are proud of the diversity we have achieved in our partnership and throughout the firm.