Corporate sustainability is the next evolution of powerful, strategic proactive EHS management tools available to our clients for EHS risk and opportunity management. According to the Dow Jones Sustainability Group Index, "These sustainability companies pursue these opportunities in a pro-active, cost-effective and responsible manner today so that they will outpace their competitors and be tomorrow's winners."
McMahon DeGulis' sustainability practice is among the first of its kind nationwide. We strive to make sustainability concepts understandable, meaningful and applicable to our clients' business.
We use a multi-disciplinary approach (through a network of experts in key fields) to help clients manage risk and opportunities through evaluation and, where appropriate, adoption of sustainability principles and best practices. Armed with a solid understanding of our client's business, our attorneys work closely with senior management to construct a framework and chart a course toward corporate sustainability. Our sustainability clients range from multinational corporations to closely held companies and non-profits.
- Advise one of the world's largest primary metals companies to proactively manage and reduce litigation risk through sustainable community engagement practices and defense strategies
- Advise companies on measuring corporate performance against a variety of sustainable business standards
- Advise companies on strategies to minimize regulatory footprint and stay ahead of the regulatory curve using sustainable practices
- Design and implement environmental management systems incorporating sustainable practices
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders of a corporation to minimize transaction costs in business, real estate and regulatory negotiations
- Counsel companies on risk management strategies for a variety of situations
- Advise EHS Departments on how to add more value to their companies
For more information on Sustainability, please contact Dave Nash.
Back to Practice Areas