Real estate and corporate transactions involving industrial, manufacturing and commercial properties give rise to a wide range of environmental issues. McMahon DeGulis attorneys work diligently to reduce environmental risk and liabilities in all types of transactions, including property transfers, leases, construction, refinancing and mergers and acquisitions.
In addition to contract drafting, negotiation and due diligence review, we also provide detailed support in plant closing issues, insurance negotiation, permit transfers, and reporting requirements. Our legal experience and technical backgrounds enable us to work closely with environmental consultants to oversee and evaluate complex site investigations, remediation plans and operations, and Brownfield development options.
This support can be provided directly to the client coordinating the transaction or in conjunction with other law firms which may not have environmental attorneys.
- Representing a commercial property developer on environmental matters related to the acquisition and reuse of industrial properties, including due diligence review, contract drafting and negotiation, and environmental insurance negotiation
- Providing the full range of environmental support for the portfolio sale of several manufacturing facilities across the United States for a major paint and specialties coating manufacturer
- Addressing environmental investigation and remediation issues associated with the sale of a paper manufacturing facility
- Coordinating environmental issues associated with a plant closing, including document retention, UST removal, remediation oversight and permit termination
- Acting as environmental co-counsel with corporate and real estate law firms
- Representing property owners in the re-development of contaminated sites under Ohio's Voluntary Action Program (Brownfields development)
- Advising several developers and drug store chains in land use and real estate matters
- Compiling environmental documents and negotiating endorsements for the issuance of an environmental insurance policy in connection with the sale of a former manufacturing facility
For more information on Transactional Matters, please contact Dave Nash or Suzanne Fisher.
Back to Practice Areas