Megan is a 2020 graduate of Case Western Reserve School of Law where she was the recipient of the Stanley I. and Hope S. Adelstein Environmental Law Award. Megan is an integral member of the firm’s litigation team.
While in law school, Megan completed a full-time capstone with the Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resource Division in Washington, D.C. She also worked several legal nonprofits in Northeast Ohio throughout law school.
Megan is admitted to practice in the State of Ohio, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, and the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE & FOCUS
In her time as a law clerk at MD, Megan gained practical experience in drafting pleadings, motion practice, fact investigation, depositions and expert preparation having to do with environmental litigation. Megan has conducted significant research on Integrated Planning and consent decree modifications. Megan also tracks state and federal regulatory activity of proposed regulations for our clients.
During her capstone experience at the Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resource Division in Washington, D.C., Megan gained valuable insight into how environmental regulations are enforced. As a member of the Law and Policy Section, Megan completed significant research on CERCLA cost recovery and contribution claims. Megan also completed research under the Freedom of Information Act and provided support for preliminary drafting and research for proposed regulations and legislation.
- Representative to the OSBA Council of Delegates for District 12
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- “Environmental Justice in Environmental Law,” Water Management Association of Ohio, November 8, 2023
- “A Changing Landscape: How the Hot Topics in Environmental Law are Shaping Ohio’s Future,” Ohio Transportation Engineering Conference, October 18, 2023
- “Regulatory Update: How the Hot Topics in Environmental Law are Shaping Stormwater,” Ohio Stormwater Association, October 5, 2023
- “Environmental Justice,” Ohio Stormwater Conference, May 11, 2023
- “Legal Hot Topics and Headlines in Stormwater Management,” Ohio Stormwater Conference, May 11, 2023
- “Hot Topics: Emerging Legal Hot Topics in Stormwater,” 2022 Ohio Stormwater Conference, May 13, 2022
- “Legal Hot Topics and Stormwater Litigation,” 2021 Ohio Stormwater Conference, May 20, 2021
ACHIEVEMENTS & HONORS
- Recipient of the 2020 Stanley I and Hope S. Adelstein Environmental Law Award for best prepared environmental law paper.
Megan received her BS in biology from John Carroll University. She received her JD, cum laude, from Case Western Reserve University School of Law and was the recipient of the 2019 Stanley I and Hope S. Adelstein Environmental Law Award for best prepared environmental law paper.